Sydney's Historic Rocks
Peggy Samson is shocked to find a body slumped in a dark corner, at the bottom of Mission Steps!
Who did this?....and with what did they commit this heinous crime?
- This fun walk will give you a taste of life in the 1800s; a time of new beginnings, exploration and excitement but also a time of squalor, poor health standards, gang rivalry and prostitution.
- Discover a mix of old and new Sydney, learn interesting facts about Sydney’s original settlement and of course, find clues to help solve your mystery!
- Although one of our shorter walks, at just over 1km, it is worth allowing 1-2hrs, as there is so much to see, do and read about as you go
- Not suitable for Wheelchairs as there are a number of narrow steps and cobbled paths for which no alternative slope is available
- Strollers are not expressly excluded, but should only be attempted if you have help on steps or are feeling strong!
- Dogs are allowed in the Rocks
- Note: the smaller alleys on this trail are closed at night by their owners, to protect our heritage from being spoilt by ‘late night antics’! This trail should be available to you however from 8am –8pm
- The trail starts and ends on the corner of George St and Alfred St, on the western corner of Circular Quay
- Access by bus, ferry or train. Alternatively, Wynyard station is close
- Transport info is available from TransportNSW (google Sydney Transport to easily locate)
- Whilst here - consider also seeing Susannah Place Living Museum, the Rocks Markets, Rocks Discovery Museum, The MCA
- Remember “Slip, Slop, Slap” ...and have lots of fun!!
- Instantly availble booklet, ready to be printed.
- Contains everything needed to complete the trail and find all the clues
- Provides info on how to get there, including facilities found en-route.
- Miss one? Simply retrace your steps or if really stuck follow the SMS instructions in your booklet to get some hints!
- Each clue will allow you to eliminate either a suspect or weapon.
- Cross them off on the back page as you go, until the criminal and remaining implement are finally revealed!
- Check out our Trail previews on www.puzzletrails.com.au