Sydney's Historic Rocks District
Peggy Samson is shocked to find a body slumped in a dark corner at the bottom of Mission Steps!
Who killed this man?....and with what did he commit this heinous crime?
- This fun 60-90min walk will give you a taste of life in the 1800s; a time of new beginnings, exploration and excitement but also a time of squalor, poor health standards, gang rivalry and prostitution.
- Discover a mix of old and new Sydney, learn interesting facts about Sydney’s original settlement and of course, find clues to help solve your murder mystery!
- This trail is possible for hardy strollers subject to understanding that there are a number of narrow steps and cobbled paths.
- For this reason it is not suitable for wheelchairs as in a few areas no alternative slope is available.
- Dogs are allowed in the Rocks.
- Note: the smaller alleys on this trail are closed at night by their owners, to protect our heritage from being spoilt by ‘late night antics’! This trail should be available to you however from 8am –8pm.
- The trail starts and ends on the corner of George St and Albert St, on the western corner of Circular Quay.
- Access by bus, ferry or train. Alternatively Wynyard station is close
- Transport info is available from TransportNSW (google Sydney Transport to easily locate)
- Whilst here - consider also seeing Susannah Place Living Museum, the Rocks Markets, Rocks Discovery Museum, The MCA
- Remember “Slip, Slop, Slap” ...and have lots of fun!!