Sydney Harbour: A Truly Magnificent Bridge
Mr Span was worried. Should he believe the tip off about a suspicious canister set to go off at midnight? A 'Super-Fog' that could bring Sydney to a complete standstill! It will cause chaos and he can't take that chance. He needs to act fast and only you can solve the clues and crack the 4-digit code needed to disarm the device!Add the excitement of cracking a secret code to your outdoor exploring adventure, with our self-guided puzzle-based walking trail, that takes you on an iconic journey of discovery into Sydney’s historic roots. It starts from the equally historic North Shore, at Milson’s Point train station, spans the Harbour Bridge, cuts past the older ‘Rocks’ area and ends at the foreshore of Sydney Cove, known as Circular Quay, location of the first European settlement of Australia.
- Discover a mix of old and new Sydney, learn interesting facts about the building of this great icon and Sydney’s original settlement
- Walk across one of the Australia's greatest icons
- Explore the hidden laneways and alleys of the oldest part of Sydney
- This 1-2hr walk does include a series of steps to take you up to the bridge level and down to the Quay level.
- Possible for the hardy stroller pusher, the absence of lifts on the bridge make it not suitable for wheelchairs.
- You need to allow for a lack of facilities on the Bridge walkway, however there are plenty of cafés when you get to the end at Circular Quay.
- Dogs can be taken on leads, but be aware, it can be very crowded at peak tourist times.
- Note: Sunday is the busiest day, due to the market and other attractions which can distract from, or obscure visibility of some of the clues
- The trail starts from Milson’s Point train station, on the North Shore line, one stop up from Wynyard.
- Alternatively, you can enjoy a ferry trip across to Milson’s Point/Luna Park, photograph Sydney’s icons across a sparkling harbour, then climb the rather stimulating hill to the station!
- The trail will finish at Circular Quay, with option for a return by bus or train. Bus/train/ferry (see TransportNSW)
- Remember “Slip, Slop, Slap” ...and have lots of fun!!