Royal Upset at Clontarf Reserve
The Herald brought terrible news! Who would seek to kill this important man?
Unlike most PuzzleTrails, this mystery is based on a REAL EVENT that took place at Clontarf Beach nearly 50 years ago! Can you use your detective skills to unravel the crime, a key person who was there and what they did on that eventful day?
Add the excitement of solving a mystery to your outdoor adventure with our self-guided puzzle-based mystery trail around gorgeous Clontarf Reserve.
- Learn about the evolution of Clontarf from its first visitors in the 1800's to the well-known spot it is today
- Discover the dastardly event that occurred in its past that had this little beach making the National Papers
- Starts at Clontarf Reserve Car Park, off Sandy Bay Road (8am- 6pm)
- Northern Beaches residents get FREE parking with NBC Beach Permits
- Sandy kid's playground and netted harbour swimming pool
- Large grassy areas for free play, BBQs and picnics to make a day of it
- Cafe and facilities so you can cater however you want
- Dogs allowed but not on the beach or within 10m of the kids play ground
- Flat ground with plenty of paths, so suitable for wheelchairs and strollers, with the caveat that the beach / long grass may be less 'wheel' friendly
- Remember “Slip, Slop, Slap” ...and have lots of fun!!