Royal Upset at Clontarf Reserve
The Herald brought terrible news! Who would seek to kill this important man?
Unlike most PuzzleTrails, this mystery is based on a REAL EVENT that took place at Clontarf Beach over 150 years ago! Can you use your detective skills to unravel the crime, a key person who was there and what they did on that eventful day?
Add the excitement of solving a mystery to your outdoor adventure with our self-guided puzzle-based mystery trail around gorgeous Clontarf Reserve.
- Recently reopened, with a brand new, revamped playground and fresh cafe.
- Learn about the evolution of Clontarf from its first visitors in the 1800's to the well-known spot it is today
- Discover the dastardly event that occurred in its past that had this little beach making the National Papers
- Starts at Clontarf Reserve Car Park, off Sandy Bay Road
- Northern Beaches residents get FREE parking with NBC Beach Permits (Be aware that Council charges for non NBC resident parking tend to be very steep so you may wish to seek out local street parking)
- Sandy kid's playground and netted harbour swimming pool
- Large grassy areas for free play, BBQs and picnics to make a day of it
- Cafe and facilities so you can cater however you want
- Dogs allowed but not on the beach or within 10m of the kids play ground
- Flat ground with plenty of paths, so suitable for wheelchairs and strollers, with the caveat that the beach / long grass may be less 'wheel' friendly
- As this trail was originally written for Schools and Vacation Care groups, the format is slightly different for other trails. Rather than taking a designated circular journey, instead locations are scattered around the park and a map is offered to help locate them.
- Remember “Slip, Slop, Slap” ...and have lots of fun!!