Royal Botanic Gardens: A Magical Labyrinth
The old parchment revealed a quote from a mysterious early explorer. Can you use your detective skills to unravel who it was and the very important role that they had?
- This trail is one of two Botanic Gardens circular PuzzleTrails, focusing on the southern side
- A maze of intricate paths and themed gardens to find and explore
- It will take you past ornate fountains, expansive lawns, through sunny Rose Gardens, under lush ferns and through tropical groves
- Feel and smell the pungent, manicured Herb Gardens
- Marvel at the dessert landscapes of the Succulent Garden
- Discover where the grand Garden Palace was located before being destroyed by fire.
- Great harbour views and many shady trees mean you can pick your own special spot for a picnic or even take a ball or Frisbee! (Just don’t feed the birds, or you might have more lunch guests than desired!)
- Garden rules prohibit bringing in ‘non-service’ animals.
- You will find facilities marked on your guide, as well as well-earned cafés!
- There are some steps in this part of the garden. Strollers should be OK with help, and often there is a grass slope alternative, but it is not recommended for wheelchairs.
- A 1km walk with plenty of distractions so allow between 90mins and 2.5hrs depending on your families walking style
- Your PuzzleTrail starts at the Morshead Fountain Gate. The closest station is Martin Place or a bus to Macquarie St & Hunter St. It is also walkable from Circular Quay (bus /ferry/train) or Wynyard Station.
- It ends at a close-by gate, 1 min further away, to give you the option to indulge at the Palace Gate Café!
- Information on gate openings, maps and events on the day, see www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au.
- There are plenty of city car parks (google Wilson Parking for online deals) and Bus/train/ferry Transport info is available from TransportNSW (google Sydney Transport to easily locate). Also, the city has free street parking on Sundays.
- Remember “Slip, Slop, Slap” ...and have lots of fun!!
- Instantly downloadable booklet ready to be printed.
- Contains everything needed to complete the trail and find all the clues
- Provides info on how to get there, including facilities found en-route.
- Miss one? Simply retrace your steps or if really stuck follow the SMS instructions in your booklet to get some hints!
- Each answer can be filled in on the answer sheet found on the back page
- Complete all answers to reveal the name of a famous Australian and the role they played in Sydney’s heritage!
- Check out our Trail previews on www.puzzletrails.com.au