Newtown: An Artist's Tale
There was a commotion amongst the artists gathered to finish off their fine wall.
A heinous murder had occurred in the town the day before!
Who did it and what with? ....We need your skills to work it out!
This fun artistic trail takes you around a diverse, bohemian neighbourhood, where colonial and federation architecture blends with modern design; and street art and graffiti cover the streets, alleys and parks. Don’t misunderstand that this artistry suggests vandalism though. Newtown encourages freedom of expression and flaunts its graffiti with true pride. This is a “double-fun” trail, with not just a chance to search for clues and unravel a dastardly mystery but also a guided walk around some of the best large scale artwork in the suburbs of Sydney.
- This 2km adventure will take you through suburban backstreets, parks and bustling high streets
- Discover some of Newtown's oldest 1800s buildings nestled amongst the modern
- Follow the directions to discover 16 large artworks hidden around the suburb
- Easy paved, flat terrain, suitable for strollers and wheelchairs
- Dogs must be on a lead in the streets but can be off leash in the Memorial Park
- The trail starts and ends at Newtown Station (Railway Ln exit)
- Whilst in Newtown- consider browsing some of the Vintage shops on King St, check out the vegan fair in any of the numberous cafes or visit one of Newtowns 3 theatres
- Remember “Slip, Slop, Slap” ...and have lots of fun!!
- Instantly downloadable booklet ready to be printed.
- Contains everything needed to complete the trail and find all the clues
- Provides info on how to get there, including facilities found en-route.
- Miss one? Simply retrace your steps or if really stuck follow the SMS instructions in your booklet to get some hints!
- Each clue will allow you to eliminate either a suspect or weapon.
- Cross them off on the back page as you go, until the murderer and remaining implement are finally revealed!
- Also check out our Trail Reviews
- Coming soon!